Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TRYING to be different..?

Well, I am trying so hard to be this great blogger. Trying to add pictures and all and change my background. I have no idea what I am doing. I tried one day to change the background with some other website, but I didn't make much progress. It just basically took it all away. I know that I probably could if I put a little more effort into it. But, I spent 3 hours that day and got nowhere.

It is all so foreign to me and I feel so useless. I know that is what it is all about: just keep trying, but I am just so lost. All that talk of HTML and all. I did finally succeed at putting ADWORDS on here, but then I decided that wasn't the way I wanted to go about it. I didn' t really like the ads that they put on there. So, if someone really does know a way for me to do the background and can really walk me through it with the patience of JOB, I would really appreciate it.

I want so badly to have a cool blog with the pictures and all, but so far, I just feel lost there. That is part of the journey, you know, to succeed at something I have never done before. And this would be a really good start for me. To have a uber great (in the words of Raffy Jay) blog. I do enjoy the writing, but I would love to have a great background to go with it. I saw one that I really liked by Final Girl. It was so creative and funny. Her headline at the top was hilarious.

When I come to someone's blog and they have such an appeal to them, that really is such an eye-grabber, I know you all know what I am talking about.

One other thing that I really do want to mention here is the response that I have gotten from everyone. I have been so surprised that I have not been slammed by everyone. I can tell you right now that if I were to mention my goal to anyone in my family that they would tell me that I was crazy. That, of course, is the reason that I don't. They would tell me to be completely practical. I am so done with that. I am forty and have been practical my whole life, and that way of thinking has got me nowhere.

Of course, that is not true either. I have a husband and 3 wonderful kids. But, we have made mistakes and now we are ready to rectify them. I have made more than my share of mistakes by being practical, by not setting goals and by not looking ahead and trying to be the best that we can be.

I think that it is PERFECTLY okay to live practically, if that is all that is wanted. But, for me, now, it is no longer enough. And the response that I have received from everyone that is commenting has been so overwhelming at times, I have actually been drawn to tears.

Honestly when I began this blog, I thought that I would have to go on the defense for stating this goal, but it has been completely the opposite. I have had people defending ME. People have been routing for me. That has thrown me off gaurd and has made me have to go in another direction. I have said it before that it has made me become accountable for my actions, like I am not only doing it for myself anymore.

Many people have actually said that they are giving me love. I know, I know, that it is "just people typing". But, here's the thing. It is PEOPLE typing. I am a person typing. And I know how I feel when I type and I know that I have feelings and I don't just throw my love around. So, when I read the love after love after love, it starts to sink in, and I feel it. That is why love is such a powerful force.

That is also why faith is so powerful. That is why I am so glad that I started it. That is also why I know that this big ole' world is not so big after all and that I am not so small in it. And that each of us plays such a vital part in each other's lives. I am living proof of it. Someone completely across the world makes my day almost every day now. Tht is truly powerful. Any book that is recommended to me, I order it and I am in the process of reading it. Any film that is recommended to me, I am trying to find it and watch it.

For I feel that if someone takes the time to tell me about something, then it must be worth my time to take me farther on this journey. I really do feel that they have my best interest at heart. I am looking at every opportunity to live this life I have to the fullest. The comments that have been left for me are not just half-hearted, they have been heart felt, and I am grateful and I think of you all daily.

And that is saying a lot, since I have three kiddos who fill up my day pretty completely. Right now, I am nursing my husband who fell playing tennis 3 nights ago, and when I saw him fall, I mean-- he crashed. It was a minor game, but it was our first family outing tennis game of the summer and he nailed the net and the court all in one whack. See, we could have made 10,000 dollars right there towards our millions if we had had a camera for funniest home videos! (No broken bones)

But, to fall when you are 40 is a big fall! No real moral in the story, just thought that I would let you all in on what is going on here. I had a few good moral stories to share, but got all caught up in the frustrations of trying to change my page and my gratitude of your comments...

So, I guess I will let it go there... Thank you and thank you

6 comments:

Elspeth said...

Are you using the new Blogger functions? They make it easier for those who don't understand html to add things in the sidebar, etc. And also for tweaking the top bar of your page (title and title image). What specifically do you want to know? To upload pictures for example, you can use the 'upload photos' function on Blogger. Look in the top bar of the box (when writing a new post) and you will see several icons. One is a blue square next to ABC. Hover your mouse over it and it will say 'Add image'. Or you can have a photo sharing site like Flickr or Photobucket - for pasting links to photos into your page. IN terms of HTML, it's not hard once you know the basic codes. But really, the Blogger has the functions you need - at the top of each new post box - making it easy. If you still have questions let me know. When I started blogging I didn;t know any of those things either. I found out either by experimenting or by asking people.

Antonionioni said...

Yes, I would agree with Elspeth. Go into Dashboard, I think it's called, using the Blogger logo if you have that - and go into Layout, and also Settings. It's easy-ish, but I had to be shown, i didn't discover it for myself. Pasting, by the way, after you've copied some text or a URL (link to another webpage) is done by Control and V - I didn't know that either until I was told!

Lavinia said...

I just want to add my bit of encouragement to your goal.

Little by little, day by day, and watch out for those small expenses, they really add up.

Scour the flyers that come for weekly grocery shops, watch for the sales...it all helps.

As for the blog, I would recommend studying blogs that you like, and seeing what exactly they have that makes them so appealling. Look at the layout, the colour scheme, the pics, the size of everything...and emulate them, adding your own unique stamp on everything.

Best of Luck to you!

human being said...

KC,
your sincere words just overwhelmed me with love and joy... yes the power of love is magical...
these comments here show how the love you planted with your words is returned to you...
i wish you the best on this JOURNEY.
love to you and a big hug.

Anonymous said...

sweetheart,

you don't need any fancy or cool pictures to make this blog outstanding - your writing alone is outstanding enough!!

you are like a breath of fresh air here in the 'blogosphere' ....

just keep doing what you are doing ... or follow the excellent suggestions you've already received if you wish to 'jazz' things up. Blogger has made it a bit easier .. but html code is so...frustrating for non-techies like me.

good luck!
lady blue

its_me said...

hey even i don't have any pictures in my blog....

:)
...

i guess every1 has pics and fancy things on there blogs...so not having those is being diifnt...

hope your husband recovered by now....