Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just stopping in

Having got much time today. Have got a busy day, but writing on this blog is essential to me now because it is helping to keep me on track. It helps keep me accountable. I am still listening to Jim Kramer yell at me.

I don't necessarily understand all that he is talking about, but it is driving home the need to invest. Again, this is such a new concept to me as saving is all I had ever heard. I had always thought that saving for the future was the way to go. But, now my thoughts are changing so much. Investing--that seems to be the way to go.

But, as I am learning in a very short time... I have to do my homework. Don't even know where to start. I guess I won't know how to do my homework on investing until I do my homework on how to do my homework. Did that make sense? Well, to me it did.

I did walk/run today and yesterday. I am keeping myself on track with that. I am wanting to stay on track with that, which is amazing in itself. I have always hated, and I do mean hated, to do that type of physical activity. I still don't love it, but I want to do it. I want to get to the point that I am running the 3 miles every day.

But, also, I am still smoking. Why? Why? Why? Not as much, which is an improvement. But, where is the will power to quit? Still praying to quit. But, must be doing it incorrectly. The smoking is not an enjoyable thing for me anymore, so maybe I am moving in the right direction.

This "road to a million dollars" is opening so many doors that I just didn't know about. I am still so happy that I am doing it. It is a daily adventure. I can't wait to get up in the morning and see what is going to happen. How I am going to change as a person...

Til tomorrow...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey k.c!
it's been awhile since i came by to your blog...looks like you've doing really well!i'm trying to get myself to learn about investing(even though i'm a kid),and i can totally relate to you right now.And yes,blogs do have a strange way of revealing new sides of your personality that you would'nt have been familiar with before...one definitely learns a lot about himself or herself.great work otherwise!keep it going!

p.s
i started a new blog,do check it out...
http://perceptionsandperspectives.blogspot.com/
the old one's going well too...

Janets Planet said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Can I just say "Booyah"? :-)

Cakemaster said...

interesting... a road to a million dollars... show me the way!
as for the smoking thing: I have a friend who smokes, and we're all 16 and she wants to stop. I don't know how old you are, but it's always hard to quit. If you haven't already tried this, get one of your friends to stop you when you want to smoke or buy a pack.
I'm in business econ at school, and we're learning all about recession and investing in the stock market. The best stocks are Apple (AAPL) and Google (?). We played the simulated Stock Market Game, and the teams who bought these stocks made a lot of money. But one thing about investing is that you should only invest money that you can afford to lose. Just my 2 cents =)

Thanks for stopping by blog! It's nice to see some random people stop by lol

Lynette said...

Hi KC, thanks for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and you have given me things to think about. I am so dumb about money and should try and learn more about it. Also, ugh, I know what you mean about the smoking habit, it's so hard to quit. I see a familiar face in here, hello Janet! :)

Raffy Jay said...

Thanks for the kind words KC. Sorry if my comment might be that short, because I really am in hurry right now. But I guess the best way to express my gratitude towards you is to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Beatrice V said...

Interesting how allowing one's dreams to become "real" and flow, opens up so many possibilities in life. Most of the limitations we accept, are self-imposed. Good wishes

Beatrice V said...

Thanks for passing by KC, I was actually unhappy with the last stanza of "Pearls" now changed to "While the wiseness of nature, wraps her precious grief, in a gemstone"..
hanks again.

Antonionioni said...

Sorry, i didn't see what 'Raod to a million dollars' is, but it reminds me of avery famous book i heard about and bought at a rather high cost by mail order about twenty years ago - The Lazy Man's Way to Riches. Trouble was, i was too lazy to follow through with any of the suggestions. Surely, the lazy man's way to riches is to enter the lottery?!! Keep up the push to self-improvement, and I sympathise about the cigarrettes, or fags as we call them over here, I recently started smoking again after quitting. In fact I've quit too many times to mention. At least like you I'm not a heavy smoker. Well done!

sukipoet said...

Hi KC. Thanks for your comments on my blog. A million dollars? A friend of mine told me that's not so hard to do nowadays. However, I have no idea how to do it. Except for buying real estate in an area that will be popular for baby boomer retirees. But maybe it's too late for that (for me.) Take care, Suki

Katelove's said...

Hello K.c! how are u today? thanks for dropping by on my blog. I learn a lot of reading your blog too. It's my first time on blogging and don't much have idea about it. Hopefully will learn it by day to today. Thanks. And Congrats on your success on Blogging. Keep up the good work!

Raffy Jay said...

Was that a flattery? *chuckles*

I hope I could know you even more.

Roxanne said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog KC -- I'm glad that my poem was something that you were able to relate to :) I have a young person like that in my life too (she's twenty) ... though not the same person in the poem. good luck with your investing ... you should try reading "smart women finish rich" - excellent book :)

human being said...

hi KC!
dear new friend, thanks for your encouraging and kind comment on my blog...
i found you very creative... so i consider what you wrote there just an understatement... :D

your determination to change you life is amazing... and you are practically on it... not just in words...
i loved it when you said your path to a million dollars has created lots of other changes in your life...
i like to keep track of your activities... and see how you challenge the obstacles....
i'll be a frequent visitor...

best wishes in anything you do (especially quitting smoking)

P.S.
i'm sure if you decide to write your version of the challenge on my blog, it will be something unique and creative.... why don't you give it a try?
perhaps it can help you in a way on your path toward a million dollars...
and sure we learn something new from a new dear friend...