Tuesday, May 6, 2008

30 more

Put 30 more in. I am very excited about this. Even though I know that I am simply moving money around, I know that I am moving around with a purpose. I am moving in into an account with the purpose for investing it. Learning all about these mutual funds, and the Dow Jones and what not.

For those of you that know all about all of this, you are probably laughing at what I am saying. But, this has never been my world. I have never known anything about this. I am just now learning about it. And what astonishes me is why I have never wanted to know anything about it. Why am I wanting to know about it now?

All of sudden these things are interesting to me. All of a sudden, these things are coming into my focus. I see a very bright future that includes my family and friends, but I am seeing other things now too. Why is that? These are things that I am wondering about.

I went to lunch today with a friend of mine and she was talking about how her job was going to be eliminated soon. She had no idea what she was going to do. She said that she and her husband had saved money for her kids to go to college, but there was not nearly enough yet. That is many years away.

I asked her if she had ever thought of investing it. I told her about our friend that had made it "big" from grammer school by investing. She said that could never happen for her. I asked her "Why not?" She said that those things never happen in the "real world".

I think that I am tired of living in real world. I want to live the world that I create. The real world, as I see it, is the world that people allow to go on around them. The real world is the world that revolves around us. I am ready to create my surroundings. The only way that things are going to happen for me is if I begin to act and react to things that happen for me.

Again, all of this is new to me. I have lived always thinking that everything that happens to me is because of what other people have done. This is completely untrue. I could have controlled most of those circumstances ahead of time. I have spent the last year really contemplating this. I have taken many of the "bad" things that have happened to me in my life and rewound them.

What I have come up with is that if I had taken one or two steps differently along the way, then my circumstances would have been very different. Of course, this is the ole' "Hindsight is 20/20". But, this is so true. And, I am tired of living in hindsight. I am ready to live for the future, not by the past.

So, here's to today... and it was a good one...

I actually prayed today. I actually prayed about my smoking. I think that until this point I didn't really want to quit. I think that I wanted to say that I wanted to quit just to say it. But, I pulled out a big gun today and I prayed, AND to make matters worse, I actually had faith that I am going to quit.

So, the tobacco companies may be taking a small hit because of me and my habit (or lack of) quite soon.

I learned quite a lot this past year about prayer and how it works. It is quite powerful. This is not a religious statement. It is just a fact. My life is proof of it.

Again, good day today. Thank you, lil brown hare... loved the stock tips... I'll get there yet!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

I used to smoke a lot and tried to quit many times. Then I started Kundalini Yoga. 3 months into it, on the 8 January 2001, I woke up and literally knew and felt within myself that I would never smoke again. It was like a miracle, because I didn't plan it. After that day I never smoked again (never even had a craving!), never drank coffee again (which I also drank a lot of) - and even alcohol, I may have one glass of wine a year if that much. I just lost the taste for anything that was associated with smoking (except for food). Sometimes things fall away when it is time - or something comes along to help you do it. Also a good tip which I read and it seemed to work - eat oats, they help with nicotine cravings.