Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mad money

Listening to Jim Cramer yelling at me about Mad Money. He has me so fired up about that. I went from Eat, Pray, Love to Jim Cramer. That was quite a switch.

I took most of the day off to dance, yeah, that is right. I danced most of the day. I do that. After I listen to a big motivational book and get myself all smart, I clean my mental pallette with some dancing. My ipod is loading with about 250 "dancing" songs. Everything thing from "Sexy Back" to "Hannah Montana" to "Crazy Train". Today I was dancing in my kitchen to "Apologize" by Timberland.

This just loosens up my mental train of thought. I pulls me back where I need to be so I can start over. It kind of sets me onto a blank playing field. My kids and family and close friends know that this means one thing....she's going into the VOODOO again.

That is a funny story that comes from my son actually. About a year ago, I began to change. I started realizing that I could ask for things and they would come. Basically I just learned what faith and grace were. But, one a person has realized these things, it is hard not to share them. Anyway, My son walked in one day and said, "Mom, how do you do that voodoo stuff you do?"

I laughed so much. And then told him that it wasn't voodoo, it was just well..... I didn't really know yet... All I knew was that I was asking for things and I was receiving them. Just by asking.
He said that he wanted to do sit ups every night. That was a year ago. He now does 400 every night. ...... True story.

So, whenever mom starts dancing around here. Yeah, it must be the voodoo. And mom was dancing today. To sexy back and Apologize. Two of the most voodoo songs on the planet, huh?

I do what makes me happy. And dancing does that. I don't dance well, and I don't care. I dance because it makes me feel good. I have been doing it for a year, and as we know, it has been the best year of my life and that feeling is spreading to all those around me.

Oh, well, enough of that for now...Just a little insight into the voodoo story in case in comes up again, and I am sure it will again. That is just our brand of it.

Bought Capri brand cigs today. Remember those. YUK! Is that a step forward on quitting? They are terrible! I am asking for help with this. Really wanting to want to quit.

Til tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blog is delightful! and shhh! don't tell anyone ...... but lady blue loves to dance to Apologize by Timberland; Promiscuous by the former and Nelly Furtado; J. Timberlake - What Goes Around Comes Around ...and yep, even the PCD (pussy cat dolls .....)

Shake me some of that voodoo, girl. And don't forget Lady Marmalade ...

fondly,
lady blue