Friday, May 2, 2008

Conversations

Loving this blog. Really, I am. The reason that I even started blogging is to get my thoughts out into the open. I have heard that writing your intentions down will help to make your actions concrete. That is so true. It is helping so much. Another thing that is helping me so much is the comments that I am getting.

I feel like I am actually sitting around a table and listening to what other people are telling me when I read a comment. I know that when someone types a comment that they are just like me, sitting at their computer after reading something on my blog. That means something to me.

That was not my intial intent when I started blogging. I did not know much about it. I did not realize that there would be other people interacting with my goal. It was originally just to get the goal out of my head and onto paper so that I could "organize" it somewhat. Since it was something that I had been thinking about quite a while, I decided it was time to act on it.

There are so many things that I cannot put down in the blog in relation to our personal finances. That would be ridiculous, to say the least. But, we are at a point in our lives that this goal is something that is not out of reach for us. We are 40 and have enough education behind us that we should be able to reach this. The problem is that we don't have the right education. We have never studied investment financing.

That is something that I am starting to look into now. It is as foreign to me as the Chinese language. But, as with everything else, I have to start somewhere. I just read yesterday that Warren Buffet started with $100. That is exciting to me. I also read yesterday to spend an hour a week reading about investments, learning about investments. That is something that just never interested me and now it does. It surprises me that it does.

I have said it before that one of the main reasons that I want to do this is to grow as a person. I want to learn so many other things along the way. And that is happening. It is forcing me to get out of the habit of procrastination. To get things done now, verses waiting.

I am not a writer. I would love to be, but I am not right now. So, if this blog seems scatterbrain and "all over the place", that is one of the reasons. The other reason is because there is so much going on in my mind that I want to get out that I can't seem to write it all so I just jump from one subject to the next.

This goal is big, huge even, but not impossible. That is where my thinking has changed. Where I once thought that goals and outcomes like this were for other people, now I don't. I really don't. And I am in awe of that.

And again, thanks for comments around the table... it means a great deal. Really.

4 comments:

Lil' Brown Hare said...

KC,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was so excited that someone I didn't know dropped by and cared to leave a comment!

It sounds as though you have some interesting goals -- something about putting them on virtual paper makes you more accountable, no? I'll be checking in from time to time to see how you are doing...

Go, Forty-Somethings! :o)

Sarah :) said...

hey girl. I know that I'm a bit wishy washy about commenting, but I just wanted to let you know I read every single entry. I am SO excited for you and your husband, and wish i could give you a big hug to show it.
I do have a question though. Do your children know about the goal yet? I'm just curious to see the answer.

---Sarah
lifeastoldbysarah.blogspot.com

Beatrice V said...

Putting thoughts down in writing actually helps you to see the what is happening, to give them direction, to try and find some congruency. Glad this is working for you. Keep at it.

Raffy Jay said...

Nursing school...

Good thing to know, you're a nurse.