Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He asked...and it was given

Stopping by again today... I never did get around to the real conversation that I had with my husband last night. He came in from work very down and stressed about the lack of clients. I told you that he is in the mortgage business.

Well, the market is down right now.

Yeah, I know. I know. I know ALREADY! So, I let him tell me all about how business is not coming in very much and how it is going to be a bad month this month.

Then, it was my turn. For most of his long career in mortgage he has been able to have the business come to him. NOW, it is time for him to go and get the business. He is very good at his job. He knows what to do and he said that he doesn't need me to tell him how to do his job.

He is right. I do not know how to process a loan. But, there is a glitch in another part of his thinking. What people who are successful do differently than those who are just getting by is: they continue to learn. Maybe in the situation that he is in now--maybe he needs to learn how to deal with this situation.

I don't want to preach to him. Not at all. I am on his side. But, for me, the one person in this world who believes in him more than anyone else... it drives me crazy for him to be worried about work. Mainly because I know that the market will turn in his favor soon and he will be fine.

Instead, and granted, he gets stressed and worried when it is bad. I stress to him that watching the media and listening to downsayers who talk only about how horrible things are is only making it worse for him. He is going to have to ignore that.

But, he just looks at me with 3 heads. Since I am not in the business. I can understand that. So, last I asked him point blank what he needed to do to feel good again. He said, "Make more money". Then, I said, "Well, do it then". He said, a little heated, "It's just not that simple"

I told him that it also was just not that hard. I ask him if we could get real for a minute and really analyze the way he worked. He barked "I know what I need to do, but..." "But, what?" I asked. Then, the silence. It is just the fear taking over.

That damned old fear. Isn't that what gets us all? Getting past that fear of going into a situation.

By the end of the discussion, I finally pulled out the big gun. We don't usually talk about the big things because they make him uncomfortable. But, nothing was getting through.

I left the room and then I came back. I said, "Have you ask for business to pick up?" "Have you just said out loud that you want business to pick up?"

He said "Who am I suppose to ask?" I said, "You know, I know that it may be a far stretch to ask God, because it is hard to do when you are not sure who you are speaking to. But, I am telling you, this is something that works. And it works fairly quickly."

We go to church just like everyone else, but we don't really talk the talk outside of church. And for anyone who has read my blog, you know that I have mentioned my very good year. I have asked for quite a few things this year... and well, I have gotten them all. And it has been extraordinary the way I have received them. I have told my husband about a few of them, but I didn't go deeply into it with him because when I would get started he would sort of cut me off and say that he just wasn't ready for it all.

I can appreciate that, for I remember being there. This is not a religious statement whole-heartedly. This is a factual statement. You will see many of them revealed as I go along.

But, I went on to tell him to try it. He doesn't have to do it when I am around. Just say it to the air if you want to at first. Just say, "Please, can you help me here. I can't do this alone. I need help with my business." Or something along those lines. Or whatever it is that he felt that he wanted to say.

I then said, "You know, He wasn't called the greatest teacher for nothing, you know." My husband knows how many concrete things have happened to me over the past year and he does believe in the results. He just has not been willing to let them happen for himself yet.

OK, today he came home, and told me that a client that he has been trying to get for a long time finally called him today "out of the blue". I asked him why he thought that happened. Guess what he said....

"Well, I just asked...."

7 comments:

Tanzila said...

i have read this often.. if you dont ask... u wont get.. and if u believe that wat u are askin for is what u deserve then its a given u will get it....

it is simple really... and i agree with you... its just that most of us go in a roundaabout way to accompalish things.. we just forget to ask and assume they will know what we want...

and yup i chose the hot pink.. and hotness i did unleash :)

Beatrice V said...

Just passing by to say hi, but time too short to read, will be back.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

lady blue

anonymous jones said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog, KC!
Sorry, tanzila, I've got to disagree with you. Sure, ask God for things and if it is God's will you will get them. But, if YOU think "u deserve" them, then it does not follow that God thinks you deserve them, too! In fact, God my consider that you are asking things according to your lusts. People are so materialistic - I can imagine how that would annoy God.

It's a worry to hear your husband say "more money" would make him happy. Try to encourage him to consider what real riches are. Happiness can be found in thankfulness.

Anonymous said...

In response to anonymous jones:

God says knock, and the door shall be opened for you. Ask and ye shall receive ...

he also points out how fair the lilies in the fields are dressed; how well cared for are the sparrows - and how much more He will do for us, his children.

here is the point we agree upon: what we ask for might not be what He wants for us. I think the more we 'line' up our lives according to His will, the more things tend to fall into place - and it is wonderful and freeing. You are willing to give up control (an illusion) and give it to God.

God states there will always be wealthy; always be poor; always be sick; always be health; always be evil; always be death ... it is the nature of our human world.

But what he wants most of all? Is us. An intimate, loving relationship with each one of us.

Condemnation just isn't his style ..we all know when we stray. And we all know how to find our way back - he patiently waits for us.

and btw: he has an excellent sense of humour - and LOVES to dance!!

lady blue

Sayani said...

i agree with you ....we often don't ask.and the divinity want us to speak with our turbulence ....after all creator want us to be with Him ....
i often felt that if u ask whole heartedly u 're going to get it...

that surely a divine post !!!
keep well

Aleta said...

I think the beauty of the post is that you turn to God. Maybe He will answer in the way that you want or maybe He will lead you to another path altogether, but it is on the way to where you are supposed to be.

We can look at any situation with a negative or a positive, but by asking, you are giving hope that it CAN happen and putting your faith in God without knowing the outcome, with believing that something will come of this.

Thank you, KC for your post on my blog. I'm glad you did, as I find your blog quite interesting!