Tuesday, June 10, 2008

YO ADRIAN...

Okay, here is how this works. I am not sure what to write today. Right now, I am just starting out writing. Seems like I have so much to say and not sure just what to say. I have so many things going on in my mind.

I have to say that I am sure that things are so much better in my life. But, in the first place. Were they really that bad? I look at things from an outside view. And, were they really that bad? I mean, really? I look around my home at all that I have... Oh my gosh, I live in a beautiful home. What in the world am I complaining about?

Here is the deal... we are worried about what might happen. And here is the thing... I don't even know right now what the thing is. Right this moment I am hitting a block. I don't even know what to write right now. I am conflicted because I don't know where the money is going to come from... I just know that it is going to come. I am that much convinced that it is going to come. I have that much faith that it is.

I feel like a complete moron in this place writing about it though. I feel like a jerk to be honest to be writing about money. I need a place to vent and I don't want to do it in a notebook that I keep under my bed anymore. Since I have a place to do it, I want to do it. I don't really want to do it with my girlfriends, because I don't really want them to know all my private business.

Since we live in a place and time that this type of blogging is available, I feel completely blessed to able to do it here. Right here on this forum. I am still blown away to be sitting here doing what I am doing right now. It is almost a surreal experience. I mean, I feel like I know some of the people that are reading this right now. I feel like you guys are reading this and going, "Come on, this isn't rocket science, you know!"

But, here I am still talking about it. That is the thing. I have to stop talking about it-- I think. OR maybe not. I don't know.

I am still waiting to hear about the teaching position. They were supposed to call either yesterday or today. They haven't called yet and to be honest with you, it is making me a bit nervous. I don't want to be nervous. That is not completely in my nature. But, if that job doesn't pan out, then what to do?

I am sounding completely negative. So, how to turn the switch. I have to turn the dial. I have to change the frequency. I am trying to turn the dial. I am going to lose my listeners if I don't change my own dial here.

Today, I know what I am going to do. I am going to keep my IPOD on my songs. That does it for me. That really does do it for me. That sounds so completely corny. I know that it does.

It cleans my pallette. Does that sound like something so unbelievably ridiculous? I know that it does for anyone that doesn't do it.

But, my children will probably find somewhere else to go. I will be that wierdo that I mentioned in one of my other blogs. You will find me dancing all over my house. I can't dance. Not at all, but guess what I will be doing? I will be dancing AND I will be singing. Yes, I will. AND, I will be singing LOUD!

There will be Sexy Back and Aint no Mountain High Enough and EVERYTHING from High School Musical. You know why... Because they are songs that you can't help but dance to. There will be a little Grey's Anatomy in there and a little New York, New York, too. And for someone who can't sing, the dogs around the neighborhood will be howling.

And the sad part is, I will probably have the windows up so the wind can come through and the light can shine in. So, the neighbors will hear and the neighbors will see. And guess what? I don't even care. Because, when this chick is happy, guess what happens, it is contagious.. they will ask what I am doing... but when they ask, they always ask with a smile, and they always end up staying an hour or two and I always tell them the truth... "I am being happy."

Have you ever seen those people in the store who are singing out loud? Most of the time if you look at them and make fun of them, you usually do it with a smile, huh? Those people are happy and they don't care... They are just happy.

Yeah, I just cheered myself up. Oh my god. It is so easy to get caught up in the stupid things in life. The things that don't matter, the things that can be fixed so easily. The things that have solutions that will work themselves out. I am going to go work myself out.

Oh, that is another thing.. the work out. From the beginning I have been talking about how I have been wanting to run. I mean, like, run.. with my legs and all. That is another part of this journey. I am trying to get to the point where I run (well, jog... let's be realistic) about 3 miles a day. For me, it was a struggle to just MAKE myself put my tennis shoes on. For any of you who work out, you are probably shaking your head at why this is even a big deal. For those of you that don't, you will understand..

Well, to update... I have been playing tennis about 2 times a week now, and I have been walking at least a mile almost every day now for the past month and jogging about a half of it. That is a really big deal for me. Some of that has been 2 miles.

Yeah, that last part was a little boring, but I needed to write it out because it made me feel like Rocky or something... YO ADRIAN... I'm awesome....

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! You are really good at cheering yourself up. Wish i could do that. Usually it's my kids that put a smile on my face! What will I do when they are all grown up and not around to do that for me anymore? Maybe I'll have grandkids! :) And keep on dancin' - it is therapy!

Double "D" said...

kc, thanks for visiting my blog and
glad you liked it. I think you're on to
something here. It's good to have goals
because without them you wonder what
have I achieved as one looks back. I hope
you make it. My goal is to be happy one day
and discover who I've been all my life.

Elspeth said...

This post made me laugh - the dancing, singing and 'let's be realistic - jogging'.

SandraRee said...

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~John Barrymore

Hugs K.C.! :)

Manohar said...

Hi KC!Thanks for visiting my blog and posting your lovely comment. I really appreciate it as I am a first time blogger and an irregular one too.
Well, I wanted to reciprocate the courtesy and visited your blog and good heavens! what do I find here!!
A committed blogger with about 46 posts in these 5 odd months!!!
And the content is so nice that I have bookmarked your blog for regular reading.Catharsis of thoughts is good and in such a regular basis must really have kept you in a fine frame of mind. The urge to express in your blog is so strong and palpable that it makes even a casual visitor to stop and read. Good job!!! Please share all your thoughts with out any inhibitions. Your writing style makes them interesting to read.
cheers ;
manohar.

Preeti said...

I would NEVER have believed u wr 41...Like NEVER! U sound like me..which either means i sound like im 41 or u sound like ur 23...either ways, this was nice!!

Do ur children know u blog? And yea, Happy belated Birthday! :)

Cynic in Wonderland said...

..life is like that ..big worries interspersed with small cheers

Preeti said...

Im assuming kids would never get that their parents r cool, even if they really r...But every kid would wish their mom was AS cool as the other...And i would wish u wr my mom in that respect! :) No mention for the compliments! :)

Elizabeth said...

Blogging is interesting, because it gives us an audience. Journaling doesn't offer that. Blogging is the bridge between sharing and venting, I think. People can chose to read/listen, or not, so it's much better than venting.

Maybe you'll apply for another job, maybe you'll go running, maybe you'll dance around, maybe you'll do something nice for yourself, maybe you'll do something nice for someone else.

You'll make a good decision.

Sucharita Sarkar said...

I do like your stream-of-consciousness style of writing. Blogging and jogging are sure ways to combat all the downs of life, a la Rocky! Keep at it.

human being said...

KC,
you are terrific...
and you say you had a block?!!
i devoured all you wrote... and my mood really changed... you are a great teacher...
the lesson i learned here:

when happy
dance and sing
don't care a fig
if nobody digs

when sad
cry and mourn
don't care a fig
if nobody digs
;)
lots of love and a BIG hug.