Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sing along everybody!

"Oh, Yeah, It's My Birthday.. We're Gonna Party Like It's My Birthday!"


No, it's not really my birthday.. That's my attempt at being ultra cool and singing that cool song that all the kids sing when they are excited about something. You know how they dance around and lean back and cross their hands across their chests?


For those of you that do know that song... sing along with me.. "It's My Birthday.." For those that don't, just make up your own song for me and sing it to yourself for me...



I'll wait..






O.K..... Oh, yeah! I got the teaching job that I wanted... In the school that I wanted! In the grade that I wanted! "It's My Birthday!" "Celebrate Good Times, Come ON!!!"


So, there are people that aspire to greatness in ALL kinds of ways.. all kinds of ways. I have thought long and hard about my greatness. How is it that I am going to make my million dollars..


Hmmm. Hmmm... Well, I know that it is not going to fall into my lap right this moment. I know that the main part of my journey is to be a success in each moment. I know that the main thing that I want to do is follow my heart, and I have decided that I want to discover what that really means. One thing I have decided is: that means to follow my feelings. To do what really feels right in the moment.


And when things just start "Happening" for you and they feel right, then maybe that is what you are supposed to be doing.. I think that is what it means to follow your heart.


When I was in the 3rd grade, I loved my teacher, Mrs. Jones. I loved my class. I can picture that class so well. And I truly do remember wanting to be a teacher. While other people were aspiring to other great things, I was aspiring to be a teacher. I didn't think about the money, I just thought about the classroom.


I taught my dolls, my dog, the frogs or the rocks outside. And when I was in the 5th grade, the school was giving away all the books that they used that year because they were getting new ones. I literally made 3 trips back and forth from the school so that I could have an entire arsonal of school books to teach with at home.


I have known since I was a young child that teaching was my calling. I have been out of the teaching profession for quite a while and I have missed it since the day I left. There were various reasons why I left, but since I have been gone, there has been this emptiness that I couldn't quite put my finger on.


So, that brings us to the present. I have this goal in front of me... this million dollar goal. I have not wavered from that... but, as I said earlier, I am not expecting that to fall from the sky, so wouldn't it suit me best to live in the present the best way I know how?


And if I am living my best life right now, and living for an ultimate goal while being ever present, won't I surely get closer and closer? If I am happy, really happy... won't I learn how to be crazy successful in the process?

Soo... I stopped after that last sentence for an entire 24 hours and thought on it. Trying to decide about this whole thing... For some reason, completely out of the blue, the million dollar goal came to me last year.. Me.. this one person who never had a goal like that.

It is not so much of a goal as it is an... attainment... which I guess, yes, is a goal. But, it is not the same as it would be for someone in a business suit going out for the attainment of the money right now. It is, as I have said in one of my earlier posts, it is for the attainment of becoming what it takes to become the type of person who would be able to either:

A. Make that type of money
B. Save that type of money
C. Inspire others to make that type of money

However, those three statements had money all over them... all over them. But, once again... money is paper.. And paper, really is useless unless you know what to do with it. What good is your house, even if it is a really grand house if you don't enjoy it? A really grand house has to be cleaned and furnished and well, you know, you do need to live in it.

What good is it to have it if you are working all the time and never get to see it? We have been down that road, and it was a bit bumpy. I have to say that I am a little glad that we did it while we were young enough to see that it was not all that it was cracked up to be. We didn't see the upstairs as often as we thought that we would. The entire family lived mostly in one room. The little ones were pretty much afraid to sleep in their rooms that we spent an arm and a leg on to furnish.

What a waste of that paper that my husband worked his tail off to make...

Sorry about that trip down memory lane... or rather memory road with potholes... Yes, the house was Be-u-tiful, and it was all the rave, but it was all-the-headache... and well, now we are paying the piper for it still..

So, now, if you will let me come back into the present again... We are back in another beautiful home, but I am really trying to get myself to a place where I am trying to see...

Main focus... main goal... Happiness. True happiness. What is that? I felt that in my last post. Million dollars... yes, that could buy a lot of things... Why has this goal been put into my focus? And it really has... It is on the brain.. Teaching... it is also on the brain, and it really did fall into place, and I feel like I am following my heart on this one.

I feel like I am talking in circles here... if you are reading this, do you feel like you are listening to one of those girls that rambles incessently? Write it out... Write it out... Write it out....

I am getting it out of my head to try to see why I have been given this focus. Hmmmm... I know that it is coming... I guess all of that to say that I know that the good in life is coming my way, and that I feel it.

You ever just "had that feeling"? It's one thing to "have that feeling" for a minute or two.. But to have that feeling for all the time... Yeah, it's good. Not in a delusion of grandeur sort of way, because it is not like that. It's just in a "Life is good" sort of way.

Because like the great scholar, Hannah Montana, says, "Life's What You Make It.. So Let's Make It Right!"

And, I fully intend to... and if for now, if it is my destiny to touch one student's life in some way then that is what I intend to do...

What is much, much more exciting to me, however, is that it may be the destiny of one those student's to cross MY path. It may be their purpose to touch me in such a profound way as to change my life forever. And now that I think about it, I really do have no doubt that that is precisely what will happen.

Because it really is very hard to be in the life of children and not react to their actions, much less the stories behind their actions....

Oh, geez, I have now gotten myself so much more excited about my new job than before, for I now know that this is where I am suppose to be.. I wonder which one of those students will change my life FIRST? And when they do, will I remember to know that it is happening? Surely I will, for that is why I am on this journey...

O.K. back to the present.. Everybody now... "It's My Birthday.. We Gonna Party Like It's My Birthday..." Because I REALLY have a reason now...

31 comments:

human being said...

Wow
you made it!
congrats, Kayce
and yes you are shaping your future beautifully...
to have a job you love is a blessing...
you'll be a wonderful teacher... you know how to bring your students creativily out....
will wait to read about your adventures in school...
should wait two months, eh?
:)

Stacey said...

"Oh Yeah it's your birthday"
"Your gonna party like it's your birthday".....
"Laa laa it's your bithday laa daa"
hey wait a minute.....
I thought your *cough* *cough* 21st birthday was a few weeks ago!!!! now Kayce I am starting to think that your not really 21 (LOL) ;-D

Ok ok don't give me a detention miss (LOL)

Kayce congratulations on getting the teachers job that you so so wanted, you should be so proud of yourself.....
Now lets......
"Celebrate good times come on"...
dun dun dun dun laa laa da de da

Really pleased for you keep smiling :-D

GypsiAdventure said...

Congratulations! I'm so very excited for you - that sounds wonderful. I hadn't seen you around in a bit so I thought I woudl drop in to say HI and let you know that you were in my thoughts!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
~K

Rosebud Collection said...

So happy for you Kayce...This is a new beginning and what a beginning..Much luck to you all..

Elspeth said...

Congrats! Maybe your students can teach you to do that "It's My Birthday" dance.

Double "D" said...

Happy Birthday to you .... and many more.
k.c. congratulations on the teachers job, I have
experience with teachers. My wife is a retire
special ed teacher and my daughter is an english
teacher with special ed as a secondary.

You know what k.c. a better question might be which
one of those students is going to change your life forever. You will fulfill many of there dreams, they just don't know it yet and through that, they will have changed you too. Nice piece.

Double "D" said...

I meant to say, which one of those students lives will you change forever?

Unknown said...

Congrtulations! A huge pat on the back and cheers!

SandraRee said...

Congratulations Kayce! I had every faith in the world that they were going to offer you a position! And in the grade you wanted also, an added bonus! I'm sooooo happy for you! :)

Jen said...

Congrats!!! Thats so very exciting. I am sorta heading in the same direction. I will be quitting my current job in 2 weeks and I start student teaching next month. I haven't been a teacher before though, I got my BA and got out of school for awhile. I am getting my teaching certificate and Masters degree now...and one day in the not so far off future I will also be teaching!

I was just like you with teaching my animals and dolls, and always trying to get my next door neighbor to play school with me because she had a real desk at her house!!!

Congrats! Keep me updated on how it is being back in the classroom!

Jen said...

You've been tagged! No groaning!!!

Take a look at my Blog, and you’ll know what to do!!!

Love ya,
Jen

Profile Not Available said...

Congratulations! I have a lot or respect for teachers, and I believe that they do hold the future in their hands! Double "d" made a correction, but I think he was right the first time too. Which one of those students will change your life forever? It is a two way street, I think.

Best of luck to you!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Happy Birthday! You're going to party like it's 1999! Congratulations Kayce! I hope you know you'll never make that million dollars now...being a teacher and all :) but the rewards will be there won't they? You'll be awesome, one of those teachers everyone remembers and wants to see at reunion time :)

I'm still laughing about your prior post...glade sanitizers!

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Mim said...

SO glad you got that job! Positive thinking pays off, congradulations.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

go you! congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Kayce: I'm so happy for you! It's really great that you got the job you wanted, where you wanted, working with whom you wanted.
:D

Marja said...

You Go Girl That's fantastic. Teaching is a wonderful and very rewarding job. You will rock.
With your excitement you will be a wonderful teacher. Your heart is in it. The journey is more important than the goal. I'll drink on you tonight.

Trish said...

Oh KC....I am so happy for you. What a wonderful thing....and this is what you were waiting for? You are gifted...a teacher is the most honorable profession....to pass on knowledge...wonderful. Your road / journey will continue to give you knowledge as you give out knowledge. No chance of getting stagnant there eh?! KC...this is good news. I love your exuberance bounding forth in your post. I expect to hear much much more as you get into the job. hey, when do you start then, I guess this fall right? Blessing kiddo...and it IS like a birthday....a great gift

Sarah :) said...

Wow. It has been a LONG time.
I am so sorry I fell out of touch. There are just so many things going on in my life, I can't keep up with everything. But I've read through your posts that I have missed, and I am back, and excited! You have so many great things going on in your life, and I am overjoyed for you! I, as well, aspire to become a teacher. For the same reasons. And I am so glad you are able to do what you love.
You said your goal is not a goal, but it is. I one read "A goal is a dream with a deadline." Maybe that's what yours is, a dream.
Just something to contemplate.

---Sarah
lifeastoldbysarah.blogspot.com

Lavinia said...

Congratulations on getting the teacher's job!!!

Terrific!


You know, your though processes, as evidenced in your writing, are so interesting. Your writing it out is not rambling--don't worry....

Thinking about your goals, and why they are your goals, is only natural. You've set some high goals for yourself, but I think you can set your mind on accomplishing them.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Glad you are finding your way, life truly is an inspirational journey! Finding a job you love is a blessing, and children like animals give back so much in their honesty and love!

Beatrice V said...

Wow KC are you starting this new teaching job? This is wonderful and I wish you tons and tons of little but many successes with the students. As you well know it is with small things that a life starts to change... For you and them. LOts and lots of good wishes.

tootie said...

Congrats on the teaching job! It sounds like you are really passionate about it. I bet you will do a great job!

Liz said...

Congratulations on the job. So - we want details... what grade???

Manohar said...

Hello KC,

Congratulations!!You are inching your way to happiness. As you have rightly chosen, one can get absolute happiness in teaching.
I am sure you will translate all your passion to the new job at school and be a wonderful teacher.
I wish you all the success and happiness in the new job!
But do not stop or neglect blogging, your link to the outside work.
Cheers;
Manohar.

K 3 said...

Congrats!! Very well done! :)

Good Luck.

kari and kijsa said...

Congratulations on your new job!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

MrBrownThumb said...

KC,

thanks for the kind thought you expressed for my mom on my blog it means a lot moreso because I don't know you. Hope the road to that million is a short and easy ride.

Shubby Doo said...

Congrats

Aleta said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! And ramble away, I love to read your posts ~ find them very fulfilling and full of good spirit and positive thoughts!

Pooja Na(i)rayan said...

congrats . I am so happy for you.