Thursday, June 19, 2008

Allowance

Getting up this morning. Just posted last night. Wondering why I need to post again this morning. Just 3 months ago I wasn't writing anything. Why this incessant need to do it now? Why this need to write so much now? Why this need to have this goal anyway?

Just a little over a year ago, my life was not like this. I was miserable and now I am not. I was that one that was sitting in front of the TV watching TIVO all of the time. Now I am not. Now I have this definite purpose. I am on the lookout for.. What exactly?

I know that is what I have to get straight in my head. There is the big ole world out there. And it is such a big ole world. It is such a big ole magnificent world that I feel like I have missed out on. But, then I think again. Have I really?

I have grown up. I have hit every age between one and forty-one. I have the pictures to prove it. I had the dolls and the paper dolls. I was able to read Nancy Drew and play in the sprinkler out in the backyard. I was able to go to sleepovers and play with a Ouiji board until I was scared silly.

Then I was allowed to have a broken foot from falling off the top of a pyramid at cheerleading camp. I was also allowed to kiss my first boy in my own backyard playing spin the bottle at my Sweet 16th Party. He was the first one to break my heart, in the end that year.

I have gone to high school and played class president and drama club. I have seen college life and way too much of college life, but, to be honest, wasn't it little but fun? (Even if I do regret a bit of it.)

I was able to meet one or two men that I thought were my destiny, only to have my dreams shattered for the moment. I was allowed to lose my father, only to gain my husband 3 months later. He rode in like a knight in shining armor to rescue me from one of the most traumatic times of my life. I was able to see what true love was after true loss. I was able to experience what story books write about in terms of a fairy tale wedding, because I stood with a man that had truly taken me from heartache to heart-filled without even trying, with only being present.

I have been able to have my first child and to be able to look into the eyes of a first child and feel the overwhelming love that you feel knowing that you created that life....

Then, amazingly, I was able to do that again, and then again. What it is about creating life is so much more than my words know how to explain, but my heart does know how to feel. And I was blessed and still every day I am able to feel that as I watch my children live.

I get to watch them play in the sprinkler and get to help them read books. I get to help them make the calls for friends to have sleepovers. I get to hide in the closet for hide and go seek so that I can scare them silly. I get to experience the smiles and the joy of a being a mother.

Now, I am getting to watch my first born go through the trials of experiencing first love. I hear through the "grapevine" about that first kiss. It is a bit surreal, but it is taking me back and letting me know that yes, I have had such a complete and full life so far. And now, so are my children.

I am on this journey for a reason. Every experience so far has been for a reason. I have this goal for a reason. It has been put into my thoughts, and now I must act on it. I look at life so much differently now.

I want to see success in what I do. That makes playing the game of life different somehow. I think that I have played it well. But, now I want to play it grand. I want my children to play it grand. I want them to look around them and really notice the wonder around them.

I want to notice life as I am experiencing it. I can look back on it and notice it, but I want to notice it in the moment. I am a lucky girl, and I want to remember that while I live it today...

28 comments:

human being said...

easy...
sure it can be...
just don't let anything or anybody make you doubt

i've experienced it... whenever i let it happen, life got damn hard and bumpy...

write and never ask why you need to write...
listen to your heart
love to you

SandraRee said...

Playing it grand! Oh KC, you have figured it out, this thing called life and living it well. I love watching your journey. May you always remember, that yes, you are a lucky girl! :)

Stacey said...

Hi Kayce...
You have hit the nail on the head!!
Life is a game, it has its up's and downs, twists and turns...
but it also shows us we can all be winners...

Keep writing, about anything your heart and mind desires, dont question why, as some questions dont need answers....write write write....or in our case type type type(LOL)
Take care Kayce ;-D

tootie said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

I enjoyed reading your post. You're right - life is a journey, and there's so much for us to do and learn along the way.

Keep writing! :)

Unknown said...

I am trying to break into your thought and see beyond the words you write or type but catch a glimpse of the energy, the passion, the force and the muse that flames unrestrictedly in your soul!

Beyond the words you type I see an unusual drive, a passion burning with so much desire, a desire that glows every day....why? You have found MEANING(purpose) and that is the key to a life of happiness and fulfillment.

Sometimes I ask,
why this sedulous task?
For it is vanity to compete
when we know we are complete

We all go through life asking questions and trying to finding meaning and a purpose for living. In our pursuit of meaning we have made several mistakes by emphasizing those things that people consider to be of utmost importance but discarding those things that people don't even give little thought about. It is quite unfortunate that opportunities and meanings come in very small and unattractive packages. It doesn't necessarily have to be big. But in that little experience, little book, uncommon friendship, unexpected relationship, a piece of advice, comes the key to a life time of happiness! And most notable is that it comes when you have almost given up on life!

That special thing differs for different individuals but when you find it, you will be flying without wings!

I can bet you have found meaning!

For yet a little while
we will ask no more whys
for that silent giant will rise
in due course, the hero of our prize!


P.S: Thanks for visiting my blog!

Marja said...

Hi KC What a wonderful reflection I can see you have lived and do it now with more passion. You learn and grow and get your good and bad things. It is not what you get although you got a lot, but how you approach it and you do that very well.
Thanks for visiting my blog

Preeti said...

Ohhh yea! In all my life till now (23 years of it) I've faced the ups and downs so many times over that there were a few times i wondered if i'd ever get out of a situation as 'bad' as that (all credit to what people call 'love') But as i did mention earlier, those little hidden angels helped me outta those situations and here i am back agian with a bang, trying to be happy! And it really does feel good at times to accept myself the way i am (Im a born cribber though) and try to make this one life i have worth something!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Boy, I really got sucked into your blog tonight when I should be getting some much-needed beauty sleep! I found it so interesting. I love that you've set a goal and you're recording your journey as you work your way toward it. We're all cheering you on! -Julia :-)

Sharon S said...

Hi there-thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! Loved your post and I too have a couple of boys who I adore and enjoy watching them grow-life is a strange journey-full of ups and downs, but it is important to appreciate what you have in it already.

human being said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
human being said...

when i write
i feel right
be it day or night
so i write
write and write...

it gives me love and might
and i win with no fight
it floods my path with lots of light
so beauty is never out of my sight

i write
write and write...
:D

Beverly said...

It does seem as if you have been blessed with many good things in your life.

I have always found truth and comfort when I write. You are doing a wonderful job - keep reaching, continue to share, others are "hearing" your message.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

Dan said...

KC, thanks for visiting my site and your comments. I enjoyed the brief journey you provided us here. I too discovered writing within the last couple of years. It is difficult to describe, but there are many theraputic qualities to expressing, recounting, or even embelishing experiences and emotions we endure each day. Take care and here's to hoping your pen never runs dry!

Marie Louise said...

I am in my 40s as well and have made major changes in my life since I was 41. It's a time for re-evaluation - a time for figuring out what you really want. You're children are a little older and a little more self-sufficient. You can exhale and concentrate on yourself for the first time in years. Good luck on your journey. The goal is always to love, be loved and be happy.

S said...

That was beautiful! I totally understand to record every moment so you can look back in nostalgia later on.

Kristen said...

I am new to blogging and i can relate to "needing" to write thoughts down. It has been therapeutic. I hint at it on my latest post. I can relate to you in so many ways. Take care of your children...and you're right I feel mine are restarting the journey that I went through.It's hard to watch sometimes!

Barbara said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting and commenting.

I just read two whole pages of your posts and was hooked on your story. In spiring.

Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post and an awesome life! You go girl!! I had one of those lifes too and still taking it all in . God is good, Susie H~

andophiroxia said...

Thank you for leaving that lovely comment on my blog!

I have come into realization that to worry is ridiculous. I'm fine because in the end I will know I will be fine.

Plus, what's even better is that I can trust myself to do the right thing where I thought managing and mico-managing would be considered 'good planning'.

Cheers.

GypsiAdventure said...

Yes, I think we are all searching for that something - it sounds like you've had some wonderful experiences that have helped make you into a wonderful person. Your children are blessed to have such a role model...
~K

Picket said...

Hello friend...what a great post..This life is a beautiful ride and I sure don't want to fall off before it's over! Thanks so much for coming by and visiting me...keep writing my friend...words are a powerful tool...they can cut..torture..and kill one's spirit but they can also heal...liftup and give hope again...never look back...you can't do a thing to change what happen yesterday..we are not even promised tomorrow..but today...ohhh today we can do something about....have a great day!!!

Flower said...

Hi Kayce, Thanks for coming over to my blog. I have read through your front page briefly and see that you have had some difficult days and some wonderful experiences!! We all join you in your journey and are here to listen. Go forward...you are still young in body and heart!!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Life truly is a journey. I can relate to so much you are saying here. You have had a wonderful and full life so far, and much more yet to experience. Seems you are in search of something, I hope you find it! :)

Mrs.French said...

Sounds like a wonderful, full life to me...beautifully written. I am glad you found me, so I could find you.

Elizabeth said...

Lots of good experiences! They reminded me of some of my own.

Trish said...

KC, I am glad you stopped by our cooking blog too! This way I have been able to read your blog and I can see that you are on the journey of your life...well...silly me...it is YOUR LIFE To have found purpose and faith to carry on....that is the essence of it all. I am going to come back for a visit....you are well on your way girl!

Come by for a visit if you want.

Lavinia said...

How right you are, a journey it is, and what a journey. One never knows what is around the corner. You have had an interesting life so far, that is certain.....and I feel *good* things are in store for your future. I don't always post a comment because sometimes I print out your posts and read them on the way home in the evening, and then I don't always get to a computer in the evening. I think you are such an eloquent writer...

Tammy said...

I love this post! :)