Friday, June 6, 2008

I can see clearly now...

Sat with my husband last night as he cried a river. He is not seeing things like I do. I am having the love spill in from all over the world with this blog. But, that is not the only love that I feel. I feel the love from within me. I have the love from the past and from the future. I know that sounds completely corny. I know that sounds like every cliche in the world. Does it not?

But I have determination now. I have a determination of a bulldog now. I have seen some things in my life that have been really hard to deal with and now we are talking about money? Are you kidding me? Is that what we are fretting about?

This is the thing... I can find a way to get money. Surely... It is as easy as finding a smile. If you see someone that is not smiling, surely you can get them to smile. Don't you just have to smile at them first... and then they smile... And if that doesn't work, go out of your way to talk to them, and if that doesn't work, then make a funny face, and if that doesn't work, then well, well, get naked, do something... but, I bet.. you could do SOMETHING to make them smile.

If I really want to get us out of this jam, I can. By GOD, I can. Right now, I am so unbelievable thankful that I am not depressed about life and about my situation that I don't know what to do. I am so unbelievably thankful that I can finally see life for what it is.

No, I do not think that money is the whole reason for living. But, I do know that we are in a jam right now. I do know that we need to get out of this jam. I do know that we need to get our head together and figure out what to do. Focusing on the debt and focusing on what is WRONG is not going to fix this problem. Focusing on a solution is going to fix this problem. SO what can I do?

I have 3 kids. I have to figure out a way to bring in enough income to help my husband out until he can get himself together enough to do it himself. I know that there are a million ways to do this. He can do it himself, but he is in such a state right now that he cannot do it.

Right now, I am just writing it out. I am brainstorming it out. I am writing to write to get it out on "paper" because I know that I have to get it out of my head. My kids are used to me being at home, and it bothers me that I would be away from them. I worked the night shift for a long time and it threw me off so bad that it just about caused my marraige to dissolve.

He is wanting me to wait until school starts to teach school. That is a decent income, and it is what I love to do. It is what I am called to do. It will give us a good supplemental income, but I am wanting to do something right now. I am feeling like he needs me right now. I am feeling like I should do something right now. My heart tells me to go back to teaching. I love the kids and I miss them with a passion. But, on the other hand, I feel that I should be doing something right now in the moment.

I also feel that I should be here with my children. I should be here at home so that my husband is free to be at work the hours he needs to be there. See, here I go again focusing on what I can't do. I need to focus on what I can do. There had to be something that I can do.

It feels like it is right here. It feels like it is right in front of my face and I am missing it. What am I missing. You know like that picture of the vase with the 2 women infused into it? What am I missing here?

Should I go ahead and nurse right now, even though I will probably go into teaching in 2 months? Then I will be leaving my children at home for most of the time during the week.That doesn't feel right. Is it supposed to feel right? Life is good. I know this. Also, being a nurse is something that is so far from what I do with my heart.

When I was a nurse. I was sick most of the time. I was physically sick every day, at the thought of going into work. My husband is adament against it.

Oh good grief, there I go again, complaining. That is not at all what this blog was supposed to be about. I promise that I feel better. I feel good. I do. I am just blogging it out to try to figure out where I am going to go with everything. I am looking around me knowing that it is coming. I know it and I really do. Just trying to figure out what I am going to do today. And when I say today, I honestly mean TODAY.

Going to the pool with the kiddos.. And I guess that is what I am supposed to do. I feel like that is what I am supposed to do. Love my children with all that I am. In the moment. Support my husband with all that I am. I am waiting to hear if I am going to be teaching in the fall. They are supposed to let me know something in the next couple of days. Until then, I am supposed to just love and be thankful. I know that I am.

Meanwhile.....?

16 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Money give us freedom and I know what
you are talking about..What about a little day care? That way you can be home with the children and make money. Just a thought..Something like that would be really helpful with mother's that work and school getting over..Just a few kids..

Unknown said...

you are very brave K.C. I'm sure your love will give it all a sense.
love
andrea

Mim said...

Isn't there some sort of lovable nursing that you can do that will make you some money and not leave you feeling sick? Visiting nurse? School nurse? Seems a wonderful skill to have and a pity not to be able to use it since I think nurses are heros second only to teachers.

Lilly said...

Teaching is a great thing to do and at least you would have holidays at the same time as your children. What about doing things like mystery shopping in your area - at least you could take the kids with you and even though its not a lot of money its something. I know what your situation is like, I think many people do but hang together and it will pass it really will.

Hey Harriet said...

I believe with your faith, love & positive thinking everything will be ok & work out. All the best to you & your family :)

Elizabeth said...

It's too bad money buys us everything. I wish it wasn't so "responsible" for our happiness.

It sounds like you do fine no matter what.

Unknown said...

Hi K.C. I just came back to say that if a job makes us ill, then we are of no help to others. I wish you so much good luck with the teaching job!
love
Andrea

Anonymous said...

hi K.C.!!

Don't nurse - not if your heart is not in it .... eventually it will pull you down. I DO understand the need to generate an income as i am in the midst of a divorce, with 3 children and my former line of work does not allow me health benefits and such ...

so i am going to TEACH!! this is quite a coincidence !!

I agree with rosebud .. day cares here offer summer programs as well as the local junior college - that need teachers / instructors for a few hours each day. Maybe you could advertise yourself as a tutor in a subject that is your specialty? That way, you could work at home...

there are so many teachers on the blogs here - bellezza, qugrainne, cynthesis .... i'm sure they too have many creative ideas ...

keep brainstorming - i FEEL you are on the right track !

xx
lady blue

A Benevolent Sultan for Life said...

Life is beautiful , enjoy it .
you are good , something good will follow .

cheers,
tyro.

RiverPoet said...

I wish you the best of luck in this journey. In 1991, I had to make a very difficult decision to take a position with my company that required 100% travel. I got to come home a weekend a month (unless I footed the bill to come home on my own), and our kids were very young then. My husband was depressed and couldn't hold a job. I hated it, just hated it, leaving each time, but it was the only way. I cried many tears, and I still do, thinking of what I lost. But it had to be done. I pray that God will give you the strength to do what you need to do to help your family.

Peace - D

human being said...

hi KC
the most important thing is your determination... it sure helps you to find the best way...

and think if your heart is not with doing something, you shouldn't push yourself hard to accept it...
the push may cause more trouble...

i wanted to suggest tutoring,too...

writing is the best way out... through writing our mind finds better solutions... and our mind gets well-organized... so keep writing and whenever feel like it ... just nag... why not... we have the right to vent out our feelings...
i enjoy reading you posts and wish you the best in your beautiful and courageous journey...
your husband and kids should be proud of you...
love to you.

Rosebud Collection said...

K.C..I do know where you are coming from..that is why, when I write you..I have been there. Sometimes, I have been so low, I couldn't see anything good around me..I try and work with positive thinking. When you think about it, it is our choice..negative or positive..That is another reason, I try and keep my blog on the positive side. I am always working at it..The true secret to happiness is Peace within yourself.I have a brother that is a millionaire and he is the most unhappy person on this earth. He is always looking for something to keep happy and the fool has all right before him. So, this did teach me one lesson, money doesn't bring happiness, just freedom.
I share this with you, something I don't usually do on a blog, but you will be fine, it won't be easy, but you will work it all out..I am rooting for you all..much love.

Anonymous said...

Hello again K.C.,

As I've already left my 'advice' here for you, I've stopped by for another reason:

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED !! stop by the blue bicycle to see what all the hoopla is about. I hope you will join us in our game of tag.

much affection,
lady blue

Antonionioni said...

Fingers crossed for you KC. The most important part of what you said was probably, that it isn't ultimately about money. Doing the right thing might be doing without money for a while. I'm not saying that's always true but I'm sure you wouldn't want to sacrifice those other things you value just for money's sake.

jyotsana said...

hi kc its not the first time i am here....last time only 2-3 days back i even wrote a long long letter but the server at the last moment decided to scrap it off...so i m here again...actually i came here to say hullo to u and to thank u coz the other day u really made me laugh with ur comment on that love story.
but what i m reading here is making me sad ....i hope u come out of it soon...godbless.

soulbrush said...

don't nurse, you sound to me as if you should be teaching....your kids will be fine - i have been a teacher for 40 years and brought up two fine sons. will be back to read more of your blog, feel for you...hugs from a new friend.