Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday

YeaY! I turned 41 today! And guess what, my husband actually was able to make it out of bed and came over to me and woke me up with a kiss. And a big "Happy Birthday"... I am sure you have followed along enough to know that that was a far stretch for him and his downer mood.

That took some serious mood adjustment on his part. He was actually in a good mood. He was ready to go to church and everything. Seeeeeee..... i knew it was coming. I consistently had my mind on his healing all day. I didn't say it on here because you guys would have gotten board with that, but all day I said, "Thank you for healing." Over and Over. Just to myself. ANd I believed it. I really did.

Of course, I thought that it might take him a few weeks or so, but there he was, my Tony was back. He was happy today HE got US up for church for the first time in , well, ever. And then he disappearred.... HMMMM.....

He said he would meet us at church. okayyyyy? It was okay. Because our day was starting out right for the first time in a bit and I was ready for it. This is how these days of my life roll now. I am so open for big days now becasue I thrive on them you know. SO, we got ready for church EARLY. And for those of you with kids know, that doesn't happen very often, but we were riding the big wave of positive energy this morning.

THen he came in with my birthday present....ANNNND THen,, I was thrilled. I was expecting nothing, given his state of mind over the past few days. They were tennis outfits... so cute. He was so thrilled with them and so it was a holly jolly happy morning before church... with money we shouldn't be spending.

I look at that 2 ways. We shouldn't be spending it.... OR, Tony has now gotten his confidence back and now knows that he will be earning enough to be paying for these things. That is usually how it goes. SO, we will see there. Either way, for today, I just don't want to focus there, for the feelilng is good.

After church, went to eat at a local BBQ joint that will make you sick if you are in there too long, but the food was just nasty enough to make you know that it has the perfect atmosphere to be real home town cookin'. We had a ball.

We came home and I took my 14 year old to the church for youth band. He is dynamic on guitar. ANd he really is very good. That is for another time. But, did I mention that he is very good? If there is any one reading that wants to sign him on today, you better get him, because in a short time, you won't get your chance. He practices 4-5 hours every day and loves it. He is just now beginning with this church band, but I am not sure he will last long there, he has already outgrown it, but it is a starting point. Either way, I got caught up there with him, because I love to watch him play, so I was that nerdy mom sitting in the back watching her kid play and dancing and kind of yelling out everytime they gave him a solo to do, you know the moms? Yeah, that's me.... How embarrassing , HUH?

Came home and there was my good looking husband out doing the yard. He was not curled up on the couch. He was outside working. I can't tell you what a big deal that was. HALLELUHAH!

He really is coming out of his funk! He is realizing there is life out there! He has been working so little lately and then coming home and staring at that tv undercovers for about a month now. So, now he is not. I knew that I could help him. I just didn't know how long.

True faith in those we love works. It works. Okay, here I go, crying again....I guess I'll go... gotta get a Kleenex... It was a good day...

16 comments:

Beatrice V said...

Happy Birthday! such a coincidence KC I did not finish reading your post...
my birthday was on the 7th. Hope all is going well, rushed now, will read another time, but many happy returns.

Deepa said...

K.C...
I feel like telling you "Your faith has made your Husband well!"

But that's the power God has given us... as wives, to pray for our husbands and expect miracles!!!!

human being said...

wow wow
you did it KC... you did it...
i knew your determination changes everything...i'm so happy about your husband...
and you deserve that present... let him show his love to you... don't think you should have saved the money... it is saved... in your loving heart...
and now
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
i wish you... oh think you are doing miracles and my wishes are some little sparks...
anyway...
may all your days brim with love and beauty...
may the river of your loving heart flow through all your moments...
you are so special
your kids are talented and determined like you...
really enjoyed reading your birthday account... every word of it...
interesting i just saw all the scenes you described... you are a good writer...

Elspeth said...

Happy birthday. Your best gift didn't cost a cent. Have you ever read books by Florence Scovell Schinn? http://florencescovelshinn.wwwhubs.com/
I think you would appreciate her work.

Elspeth said...

Maybe I asked you already if you'd read Florence. Getting deja vu.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, K.C.! I'm happy for you. It sounds like a wonderful day. It's really good news about Tony and your son sounds like a talented young man.

About that other thing: if it's serious, if it's causing real problems, I hope you're getting support. You are not alone.

SandraRee said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Life is good, no? :)

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear K.C
Happy Birhday to youuuuuuuuu......

Happy *cough cough cough* 21st Birthday ;-D K.C (LOL)

Keep that smile on your face and have a great birthday :-D

Sucharita Sarkar said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a very brave person who is shouldering so much so cheerfully. May all your hopes (for a million dollars, for a million delights) come true. God bless you and your loved ones. Take care and keep posting (writing is a stress-buster like no other, isn'i it?)

Jon said...

hi...

just wanted to take a moment and say hello and to thank you for dropping by A Blade of Grass and leaving a comment...

I like your site and your modus for writing... I know I missed you by a couple days but happy birthday!!! I'm also happy that your hubby is doing well... it takes a lot of guts to talk openly about difficult topics in a public forum like this and I commend you... I believe that the power of positive thought can have a healing effect and that your spirit is what heals him... keep it up!!!

WELL MET...
JON

S said...

happy belated birthday!

Paul Sears said...

Wonderful post, such a great story! And Happy Birthday! My wife is about to turn 41 this fall too!

Mystic Margarita said...

Belated happy Birthday, KC. Hope you had a wonderful day. :)

Mim said...

Happy Birthday - and keep up the music - it always help.

: ) said...

happy belated birthday :)

Lavinia said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

As you may know, I've had computer issues since last weekend...the home computer is on the fritz....I am going to print out your posts and read on the way home......

I hope this upcoming year is full of wonderful blessings for you and your family...