Thursday, June 12, 2008

First Kiss

Put one more dollar in. Yeah, I know it's one more dollar in. I know, I know... But, on the other hand... I know... It's one more dollar in. I lost sight of my goal like I said a couple of posts back. I was moaning and a-groaning about my current state so much that I just lost my way there for a bit. I didn't lose faith. Just lost my goal for a minute or two in time,but you know what, since time is an illusion anyway... does it really matter? For my purpose right now, I will go ahead and say "No, it doesn't really matter right now".

I know like I know like I know that it's coming. I will tell you today how I know that things are turning around in my life. Shall I tell a fable? NO? Shall I tell a moralistic tale? No, you say? Hmmm... a bedtime story? Well, you don't have to scream at me, I got it. You don't want to hear that either...

O.k. O.k. O.k... You want those unbelievably interesting tales of my homelife. Gosh, I know how so very exciting they are. I do, I do. So, I guess I will share what happened when that husband of mine came home from work today!

For those of you that have been following along in your workbooks, turn to page, um, 14. (Does that sound right?) For anyone else, you can just follow along right about here.

What you need to know is that our little family is in a bit of a financial crunch. And when I say crunch, I mean a "how-you-say" floor stomping beating. We are in deep "cocci". Well, I have no big issues with this, for it is only money to me and I have absolute faith that we will survive this and overcome it.

My husband on the other hand, who has gotten us into this sweet spot is not feeling quite as optomistic. He has been as down as a man can get without actually turning into a worm and slithering around on the ground. It has been hard to watch. I have been trying with all I can to encourage him and I have been "behind the scenes" with my faith in it. Because I believe in this man with all that am. He knows this, but he has to feel it within his own skin.

Well, earlier this week, he actually did get upright for a few hours and move around a little bit. Going to work and the like. Then he got up consecutively. That was a major milestone for someone in his position. But, then today, he came in and his face had a new light in it. A light that shone a little brighter. A light that was shining like he might have new information.

He came into the bathroom where I was getting ready and plopped his good-looking self up onto the counter. Then he began talking to me. To me. To my face. Like a friend would.

You have to understand here that he hasn't done this in so very long. He has been stressed out forever. He doesn't talk to me when he is stressed out because his rational is that he doesn't want me stressed out too. Seems backwards to me sense we are married. But, that is how he was brought up, so now the cycle is continuing. I have tried to break that cycle for the 16 years we have been married to no avail-- until now....

OK, so this is how he started... "Kayce, I went and talked to someone today."

Me--"You did, who?"
Tony--"Brian"

(Brain is a lawyer in our town who is also one of the best Christian men that Tony knows. Even if you take out the religious aspects of Brain, he is just a super overall great man. Tony admires him more than anyone on the planet. Tony lost his father a few years ago, so during this trying time, Tony has had no male figure to confide in.)

Me--"So, you went to Brian's office. How much courage did that take?"
Tony--"I almost didn't go. I circled his office three times before I pulled in"

(I was having to dab my eyes because I knew that my strong prideful husband was really probably having so many issues going through his mind to have to make himself go and put it all out there to someone he admired so much)

Me--"But, you did finally go in"
Tony--"Well, I decided that since there was just "something" telling me that I should go, then I might as well just do it"
Me--"Was he there?"
Tony--"Not only was he there, but he met me at the door and said "Tony Neal, I can't believe it is you, because just yesterday while I was mowing my lawn, I was praying for you"

Well, at that point in my bathroom, I literally broke down into tears, just as I am now. I mean you cannot even make something like that up.

This strong broken man of man was being prayed for unknowingly by someone who he admired more than anyone in the world at the very time that he was wanting to be with him. Now, COME ONE, please refute that. Please, please, try to tell me that was coincidence... I BEG OF YOU!

Tony said that Brian, the busy lawyer, dropped everything that he was doing for over an hour and sat with Tony. Tony told Brian everything. From the debt to his "habit", which I guess I can go ahead now and lay it out there, is gambling, to his worries about bankruptcy.

Brian eased his mind so much. He told him the same things that I had been telling him. Have faith. Brain believes in him just as I do. OK, so you messed up. Now, it is time to fix it. It is time to go to work and fix the problem. Stop focusing on the debt and focus on the solution.

How to do that, Tony wonders. "You are already doing it". Brain assured him of that. "You are already coming to a safe place where you know you are loved and admired. For Tony to hear a man that he admired tell him that he was admired, well, ohmylanta....

My husband may be getting "it". When he came home I told him that hitting rock bottom can be the best thing that can happen to a person because you can't go much farther down. And coming up feels so good.

Now, he is thinking that since he got it off his chest once, he is thinking about using his story as inspiration for others. But, he is a bit scared of what others will think. I told him that he has so many people who love him. And that out of 100 people that he may tell, there will be fewer than 5% that may, and that is a may, scoff him. The other 95% will love and support us through this.

And that will be when the success will return. And then we will be in a position to begin helping others because we will see how others have helped us. This was such a rewarding experience for both of us.

Then the icing on the cake occured. Yeah, I know, Tony got to feel good, I know he did. But, when did I? You know I gots to get mine...

When it was all said and done, he got down from the counter and came over to me, and took my face softly in his hands and kissed me. Not like a 16 year old married couple. But, like a couple who had just met at a bar kiss. You know that passionate first kiss....

What can I say, this man takes my breath away... I am quite lucky this way....

12 comments:

Manohar said...

The most important thing any person looks forward when he is down, is the moral support from his family. That gives him the courage to face the situation and bounce back.It appears through your posts that it exists between you both in abundance.

Now it is only a matter of time before things improve for better. In the meanwhile, the catharsis of emotions through your scribblings will ease your pain and reassure that there are many faceless supporters around the world to support you during the hour of peril.

The kiss you referred to is certainly not one of passion, but one of self assurance and a way of thanking the mute and selfless support of his beloved partner.

Hang on with belief, there is a pot of gold at the end of the tunnel!

Elspeth said...

Honest and interesting as always.

RiverPoet said...

K.C. - I'm so proud of you both for starting to work through this. I can tell you that we are still struggling to make those first baby steps that Dave Ramsey outlines. We still have trouble talking about money, because hubby doesn't want to give up any control. I just keep hoping and praying...

And the situation your husband found himself in? Coincidence? I think NOT. If you know God, you know there are no coincidences. That is a very inspiring story!

Peace - D

Just Me said...

I am happy that things are turning around for you both. The Lord is good!

Rosebud Collection said...

I am so happy for you all..There is nothing faith can't handle..I have said this before,I can't remember to who, but there have been times I had to look up to see bottom..so when I write something, it isn't because I don't know what I am saying..I have been there..Maybe not the same problems you are having, but really rough times..but working as a family and of course faith in God,we were always taken care of..Lord, I have shared more of my life with you, than anyone..
Hot stuff, I usually save this for only family..You are always in my thoughts..

Stacey said...

*Blush* *Blush*...
I'm not looking..
Have you stopped kissing yet?
Can I open my eyes now?... (LOL)

K.C, its so good that your hubby has opened up, the thing is he was trying to protect you by not talking about things, so not to stress you more...but maybe he did not realise by not talking to you was making you feel worse...

Now I am going to let you get back to your kissing....
Wait a minute......
Don't start yet....
Hey, I said wait a minute...
Let me sign off first.......
Oh gosh, you've already started..
*Blush* *Blush*
signing out now, byeeeeeeee
............(LOL) :-D

SandraRee said...

KC, how wonderful. How wonderful for you both. What a great, great post. :)

Lavinia said...

Awwwwww, that is so beautiful. What a beautiful, heartwarming post. You two are going to make it, you are going to get through. The faith and the love will work their magic...

Add my name, please, to those who are praying for you.

Mim said...

Wonderful story, I hope your Tony keeps moving forward like this. Blessings to you both

Hey Harriet said...

Awww what a sweet ending to that story!

human being said...

breathtaking...
Kayce, you are changing the universe with your decision to change the way you look at the world...
and all the changes are showing up one by one... you are harvesting what you've planted ... your love is thriving now...

Unknown said...

Ohhh so mushy :D

I suppose this is what is called love, and with someone like you around, i'm sure this too shall pass.