Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Sweet Tea.

Put 40 Dollars In today! That is awesome! Seeing how easy it is to do. I just couldn't believe that I was able to do that. I took 20 dollars out of my husband's wallet this morning and put it in the Secret Stash, and then when I went to the grocery store I wrote the check for 20 dollars over the amount. Came home and put that cash into the stash.

I was not overly crazy about being miserly at the grocery store, but I was certainly concious. It was in the little things. Before, I would have bought 4 kinds of pop tarts. I bought one box. I would have bought 3 boxes of cereal; I bought one. It was little things like that. The conciousness has changed. I am again amazed at how fun this is.

It is such a good feeling to know that I have such an amazing goal. (I need to find another word verses amazing--I am wearing it a bit thin, but since this is my first stab at writing anything, it will have to do for awhile.)

One big accomplishment that I made today was driving past a restaurant on the way home from the grocery store. I had a craving for the sweet tea that I get there a couple of times a week. I actually pulled into a parking space in front of the restaurant. I opened the console and saw the 20 dollar bill that I had just received from the grocery store. I knew that I purposely got that 20 to put into the stash toward my million dollar goal. I have made a vow not to touch that money. Even it was only for a cup of sweet tea.

I pulled out of the parking space, leaving the craving behind. That may seem very trivial, but it was something that I would not have done a week ago. It was a thought that would not have even occured to me. This is exciting. A million dollars awaits. I would love to have my husband in on this with me. I wonder how much I will have to save before I can tell him about it. I would imagine several thousands, maybe tens of thousands, huh?

I read that you can only tell of your goals after you have accomplished them so that you cannot be talked out of them. I see why now...

No comments: