Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Money on the brain

Put 20 more in today. I think that I got that yesterday from the hubby's wallet. It is time to go to the bank again and make another deposit. Hang on, I think I need to make another trip to the hubby's wallet and get some more. I didn't do so today, and if I don't do it now, I will have skipped an entire day... Be right back. Okay, got another 20. So, that's 40 more in. For, anyone new to this, I take about 20 dollars out of my husband's wallet every day to put into CASH STASH toward my goal. It is not really stealing from him, because the money is for the two of us.

Okay, so to go back a little and explain how this came about, and this may take a few blogs to get to, last year I stumbled across a book, "The Science Of Getting Rich". I had never heard anything about anything like it. I never knew that the world could work like that. EVER. And here I was just a few days before my 40th birthday, and this book was telling me that not only was it possible for me to get rich, but it was my duty to get rich. WHAT??

That was contradictory to anything that I had ever heard of. But, the more that I read, the more that it made sense to me. Not only made sense, but was absolutely correct. And, moreover, as the title said, there is an exact science to it. And I am becoming living proof of it. But, as I have said all along....the book is more than the money. It is the living that goes along with it. Because the man who wrote it was a brilliant author, he told it better than I ever could. But, it is about how one successful act leads to another...that simple. And you just start with one.

But, of course, as simple as that is...I had to start with one simple act and then continue with that. I think that was a year ago. I think that I started with making a wish. I think that I started then. I think that I said, "I want a million dollars." And I said that very sarcastically. But, as I read on, I began to think that maybe it wasn't impossible. Before I picked up that book, I would have never believed it was possible.

I read that book over and over and over and over. I can quote so much from it that I should have a copyright on my forehead. That is why it is called faith. That is why faith becomes reality. Once you get it...you really do get it. This is not about sacrilegious beliefs, quite the opposite. This is such a spiritual journey, but it something that each person has to feel for his or her own self.

Over the past year, before I even began this goal, I did so much soul-searching. I found true happiness within. My first goal last summer was to be happy. That took some doing. I found it. I reveled in that for a long time. Then, I wanted my weight to get back to reasonable. Got it. Then, I wanted my health back. Got it. So, now, here I am. Going for the gusto. I decided to set my goal high so that I could reach for the stars. I want to travel. I want to show my kids and my friends and my family the world. I want to help my friends and family when needed. But, I also want to enjoy my life.

This is a time that money is needed to do that. That is just how society operates. So, I'll be watching for the opportunities. I'm researching what I need to. Right now, I am listening to Four Hour Work Week. Exhilarating. Hilarious. Opening my eyes to another world I didn't know about.

As always I love your comments. Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm moving on ....

3 comments:

Raffy Jay said...

Thanks for appreciating that article about Global warming, KC.
Maybe it's the extreme heat here in The Philippines that motivated me to write that one. Or there must be more profound than that, that pushed me to write such thing.

I have to do something, at least, in my own little way...

Beatrice V said...

Good to hear all is going fine,you will get there if that is what you really want.

Sarah :) said...

HEY GIRL! I haven't commented in a while, and I just wanted to say hiya.
I'm so totally excited for you! Next time you go to the bank, give us an update on the total ammount. :]

---Sarah
lifeastoldbysarah.blogspot.com