Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gotta say a few words...

Was able to write a check for over 20 dollars at the grocery store and this morning I scammed 5 bucks out of the hubby's wallet. So, that is 25 more for the CASH STASH. Yeah, we are rolling!

As the title shows, I want to be a little serous tonight because I wrote a letter to a friend that I have known since grade school. I am 40 now and so is he. His wife was killed in a car accident 2 months ago. I wrote to him today to let him know that we were thinking of him and well, you know, whatever it is that you say. It was so hard, and it really got me thinking.

This is a man and a woman who, from the outside looking in, had it all together. Perfect life, cars, kids, job, etc... Then, well, somebody died. Now, all of their business is out there for everybody to go through. Nobody went through it in a mean-spirited sort of way. But, it ends up that he is not in the financial shape that he could have been if she would have lived. That just gets me all ways sideways. There were over 1000 people there at the funeral. Why couldn't we have given all of our money to that family. Why spend it on the damn flowers? Who cares? The family needed it. UGH!

This is the exact reason that I am going for this goal. I want to have money for this type of reason. I would love to anonymously be able to give to my friend's family whatever I found out he needed. Mortgage? Car notes? Taxes? Whatever? But, I can't do that with a little bit of cash. I have to have millions. (Well, maybe that is an exagerration, but you get the picture.)

OK, that is my tirade. We have a few spoons in the pot there, but they are stirring very slowly, but at least they are in. That industry could use a boost--- is all I'm saying....

7 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Beatrice V said...

Hi KC, it is odd, but your quest has spurred me onto my own... I agreed to go ahead with a project for the performance and writing of a cycle of poems, for an exhibition... months ago I would not have even considered the idea... Thanks :)

Raffy Jay said...

yeah, I wrote that one! thanks for the appreciation...

Just remember, it has never been wrong to go for platinum!

Raffy Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raffy Jay said...

It's always the truth.
But you know what, there are a lot of things that we can associate with that - negative, positive, it's up to the one bearing it.
The truth you're seeing, and I'm seeing as well, is that everyone's up to the trophy, including us.
One thing we must consider, is that we have to get it (the trophy) with impunity.

kimberlydawn said...

i wonder if the point is being missed if you didn't give someof your money to your friend and his family?
if you skip over these opportunities to share the wealth, as you intend?, then what shall you do when you reach the goal and have regret?
sorry for my cinicysm, just sharing my opinion...
i don't wish to bring you down, just curious, "the goal of the journey"?
emass wealth through money?
emass wealth through experience?

Gigi Ann said...

Sorry to hear about the lose of your friend. It is always sad when we lose someone in death who is dear to us. But, we the living need to be there for the grieving one, to help them cope through their time of sorrow. That is what friends are for to lift one another up when they are down.