Friday, April 18, 2008

Rich Dad

Well, put 3 more in today. Yeah, that is not as much as my 90 in from the last time. But, that is okay. I cannot worry about that. It does not faze me in the least. I am moving forward all the time. I have to know that every bit counts toward the goal. I keep saying this, and I really do mean it: THIS IS SO EXCITING! Having such a big goal and knowing that it is a reality in the making is more than I ever dreamed of.

I have always seen people on television or read about their success stories and how they talked about achieving a dream. I always thought that they were doing something that I would never be able to do. I also always wondered how they ever got started. And now here I am in the middle of it all. I am really doing it myself. I am knowing that I am going to accomplish a dream.

I have had many people ask me exactly how I am going to do this. The answer is: One day at a time. I intend to take every opportunity that presents itself to me and take it. I know that sounds like good theory. But, it is not. That is concrete reality. I will have to just have to prove that on the day by day blog.

I have no definite plan at this time of inventing anything, nor do I have a plan to invest in anything. What I do plan to do is to get a million dollars. This is something that I think of almost 24 hours a day every day. I do not obsess over it, for that is different. That would make it stressful. This is exciting. I know that it is coming my way. It is a feeling like things are turning my direction.

Back on topic, as you know by now, I am a fanatical reader on the goal at hand, so right now, I am reading Rich Dad's Financial IQ. The author drives home the point that in order to make money you need to learn HOW to make money. I did not even know that until about 8 months ago. I didn't even know that there was a mind-set to making money.

One of my very best friends that I have known since infancy is all grown up now, and he is a millionaire. He did not win the lottery. He learned how to make money. I am talking to him ALOT lately, now that I have this goal. He doesn't know that I have the goal, for fear that he will think that I want him to give me some of his. What I want from him is knowledge. He says that constantly reading and refueling with books on topic are the way to stay in the game. He says he reads 3-4 a week.

It's the old "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime." You know I don't want to get a little money for right now. I want to learn how to get my own money. I don't have a problem with going to work. I can teach school, or be a nurse, or go into a business position. I have degrees in all three areas. I loved all three.

However, at this time in my life, I am ready to move on. I am ready for a new calling. This is what I want to do. So, Rich Dad, bring on the knowledge, I am your sponge for the next couple of days. I thank you!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I think another step towards the goal would be to ask your friend to give you some of his $$$$. I mean it couldn't hurt to ask, and I must say its better than stealing from your own child!

Just so you know, the nurses were awesome! So nice and funny too. It made a not so fun experience, not so bad. Now if I could just get someone to keep my house cleaned until I feel like doing it!

K.C. said...

I am going to have to rephrase my "stealing" statements to "borrowing for the moment" from members of my family. That makes me sound awfully sneaky doesn't it? Since they get it back the next day, they never notice it. But, still, maybe I should nix that practice. See, I'm learning.

Raffy Jay said...

Well, I've always been dreaming of having a lot of money, Billions of dollars in my case.
You want it as reality, while I'm content by just fantasizing 'bout it.
If by luck and hardwork I can gain that much, then that's amazing. But if not, then it's fine. Anyway, in the long run, it's still the simple things that can let us experience bliss.

Beatrice V said...

Hello again KC, your blog is compulsive; is makes one think about what is it that one really wants... and in my case at least I begin to think HOW I am going to achieve it...Raking my brain right now, as what I want, is somehow more intangible than money... Anyway, here is my all time favourite quotation by Kierkegaard:
"-If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of potential -- for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints; possibility never"

As always, sending coin-tinkling vibes!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. You are setting a good example of "what you focus on you create". People don't realize how much power their thoughts have.

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Katie said...

Thank you so much! Did you get a chance to go to the park? Enjoy :o)

Oberon said...

......did i tell you about free rice dot com?......great idea....let's do it.....and thanks for your kind words.