Thursday, April 24, 2008

Change of thinking

Listening to T. Harv Eker's Secrets of the Millionaire Mind. The thing is... listening to a book cannot change your life. That is a fact. I can listen to a million books and they are not going to make me a cent. What is happening is that with each book that I listening to, there is a change in thinking. There are so many things that are changing in my life. The way I go about every day actions is changing. The way I look at things is changing.

There are so many books out there that are on this subject. There is so much out there right now about this. People that have succeeded in one way or another are starting to put it down on paper. And one of the ways that I can also succeed is to mimic their behavior. I can learn from their lessons.

As I said in one of the earlier blogs, "The Science of Getting Rich" is such a brilliant book. It shows a successful life in such an elementary way. Just start somewhere. Be successful at one thing and then another. If you can continue on this path, there is no way that you cannot become rich. Also, fill your space. Because once you have filled the space you are in, you have to move on to another space.

All that said, I stay at home right now. My kids are in school, but I stay at home. Well, there is only so much housekeeping that one can do. I have now, since reading the above book, cleaned out every closet to the hilt, every drawer and every cabinet. I am ready to move on to something else.

My house is in perfect order and I keep it that way. I moved on to my car next. I keep it in perfect order as well. That is not to say that everything has to be at right angles or neat all the time, for I have children, but I clean it everyday, beds made up and clothes put up, dishes done, etc. EVERY DAY. No exception. It takes about 45 minutes to do it all, 30 minutes if I hussle. It keeps me from feeling like there is always something to do, and always something to clean up all day.

I am not trying to sound like I am this clean freak or anything like that, for I am not. It took me about 2 months to get my home clutter free. I recommend to everyone! It is completely freeing and makes life so easy. That was one of the first successes that I reached. And it was a success in a high order. I got rid of at least a U-Haul worth of belongings that I knew that I didn't need, and I gave them to friends or family or Goodwill. At first it was hard, but then as I saw the clean space I was creating, the more mentally able I was to begin succeeding at other things. All that clutter around my home was cluttering up my mind as well.

This may seem like a mundane task and something that may not appeal to you. But, I am telling you that it works. Succeed at one thing, and it leads to success in other areas of your life. I do not want to be a perfect housekeeper. I could care less about keeping a perfect house. I want to get up, clean my house, and get on with my day. Now I can do it completely in about an hour, and it will stay that way, for the most part, all day.

I think it is important to respect yourself and where you are. If you live in disarray, then many times it is hard to get it together. So start outwardly and then you can begin to see improvements, within you and all around you. I am watching it happen for me and it is so exciting.

6 comments:

Beatrice V said...

I see you in this pristine orderly space... a cloud of thoughts above your head -filled with dollar signs :) this is beginning have some shape. Happy for you.

Sarah :) said...

Awweh. I didn't mean to make you cry. It's just the truth, how it happens. Sometimes it's sad, but it's never false and never something to worry about. Life comes as it comes, and theres nothing we can do to change it.
Have a marvelous day. :D

---Sarah
lifeastoldbysarah.blogspot.com

Raffy Jay said...

Good you love that book. It's inspiring.

It's good to be reminded, that it's not about "us".

Andrew said...

Hi KC,

My name is Andrew, you left a comment on my site in regards to the spiderwebmarketing system. My intent is to be completely honest with my endeavors here. I would be glad to discuss more with you about this.. if you don't mine emailing me if you haven't already at andrew@goodbusinessoptions.com we can discuss more.I totally respect your privacy and no junk emails filling you in box I promise.

A Family/Group Member said...

I'll have to check out that book.

Raffy Jay said...

thank you for that KC!