Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The others

Put 25 more dollars in yesterday. Snagged 5 more out of my husband's wallet yesterday morning. Again, not stealing. It's my money too, you know. Just this time, the money is going toward the common goal. And it is not to be touched. I have set up an account for the goal actually. So, the goal is now officially concrete.

The other 20 came from the usual source. The grocery store. Took an extra 20 out from the checkout. Came home and put it in the stash.

I have no idea yet what I will use the money for. That is an interesting question. I have no use for a huge home. We built a large home a few years ago, and it was not all it was cracked up to be, for me anyway. It was a lot of maintenance. Of course, I had small children at the time, and maybe I was just not ready for it. I have heard that most people are not ready to handle real wealth until the age of 40. That may be true. We will have to see.

I think I am more interested in the journey of it all, as I said before. I have learned that money is after all, just paper and metal. It is what you do to make the money and how you use the money that counts. I truly do know that living life to the fullest is the joy and that the money is the perk that follows that. I know that sounds like the ultimate cliche, but I think that cliches are time tested.

I am continuing to do as much research as I can on how to accomplish this dream. It seems that most people are trying very, very hard to get rich the easy, quick way. I think that they are missing the point. While that would be great, and I will take it, I have to say that I love my life right now.

To those who would say that I sound like I am contradicting myself, I would say this: I do love my life right now, and that is why I want to improve it. Because if my life is wonderful now, how much more wonderful will it be if it keeps improving. There is no sense in remaining stagnant or going backwards. That is my purpose. Self-improvement and self- enhancement.

And I was amazed in my research to see that I am not the only one who is doing this. I found a couple of other people who started out with the same goal as I did. Only they started a couple of years ago. Maybe this was a "thing" a couple of years ago. I don't know. If so, I missed that boat. I was amazed. But, if there is anyone who wants to do this with me, please jump in. Because it is true on any plane of existence, where two or more are in agreement on something, the odds of it occuring go up tremendously. And that is a fact...

2 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

i think i am doing this with u, too, only i am much further behind u...i have had to "save" my $$$ (rather than spend it) only then i get to put it on my debt...i have learned much in the last 3 years of doing this~a lot of self-discovery as well! for example, i have begun to learn that my needs are very minimal and my wants are beginning to become minimal as well...i, like you (even tho my home is only 2200 sq ft) have no need for a large home, but i would love one that is more efficient...my husband and i have the "if i won a million $$$" conversation every now and then, and we usually come up with the same thing every time, we would probably only "buy" home improvements...we are quite content with what our Loving Creator has seen fit to provide us with...
on my saving/paying off debt journey, i have come to realize what is most important and that is
Relationships
Personality Development
Faith
these are the things that i have tried to improve in my life!
again, i will continue to keep u in my prayers!!

Sarah :) said...

Hiya!
I just read through your blog, and first off I want to say Good for You! I think it's wonderful you made a goal and are going to strive to achieve it.
Stopping smoking is a hard thing to do. My mom had been trying for a while. You just have to decide not to buy another pack. That's really all it takes.
I have an idea for you. Another way to get the money to come in is to set up a change jar somewhere. At the end of the day, or whenever, you can throw loose change in, quarters, nickels, the stray dollar bill. After a while, it will start to add up, if you stick to it. A mason jar works best. Its a really simple way to help obtain your goal.

God Bless,
---Sarah
lifeastoldbysarah.blogspot.com