Sunday, March 30, 2008

50 More...

Put 50 more dollars in! Wow, that is quite an increase from one dollar that I put in 2 days ago.

I managed to do that by taking 20 dollars out of my husband's wallet this morning and putting it promptly into the secret stash. Then I took 20 more dollars out to take to my daughter's swimming party.

I planned to spend that if I needed to on snacks for the kids. While there, I was able to put them off on the snacks by telling them that we were there to swim and have fun. They accepted that. They had a good time and did not starve.

Before this new shift in thinking about saving money, I would have probably spent the entire 20 bucks on needless snacks and cokes. Instead, I came home and put that money into the stash. The kids missed having the snacks out of the snack machine a little bit, but they did not fuss about it much. And, it felt really good to know that this was something that I could do.

I have always been one to just needlessly spend that kind of money. I have probably always spent about 10 dollars on vending machines for our family. I don't regret it, for I am a big fan of "fun in the moment". But, I am seeing that there are other ways to have fun in the moment that do not involve money. I am not saying that it is wrong to use the vending machines, but it not the way I am going to chose to have my fun anymore.

It is fun to me now to see how much I can build this secret stash. I am the only one who knows that I have it, and to watch it grow is going to be a ball.

I am going to use this money in such a wise way to benefit the people that I love and the people that I know who need it when the time comes. Having just a few thousand dollars won't really benefit anyone very much. But, having a million dollars would benefit many people a great deal, now won't it? And it will be very interesting to see how I can see that million dollars grow.

Anyway, I have accounted for 40 of the 50 dollars. The other 10 dollars just appeared in the console of my car. I swear to you that it just appeared there. I do not remember it being there yesterday. I have read that this will happen. That things just start coming to you once you get into the mindset of what you want.

I am very certain that I want it for the right reasons. I have to be sure that I keep myself in the right frame of mind, and I don't begin to get greedy, for that will offset my purpose in all of this.

Getting back onto my other goal. The smoking. I did not do so well with that. I held off for about 7 hours the other day. I took my last puff of that cigarette in the last blog.

The problem was that I knew that I would go and get another pack. I have not made that definite decision to stop smoking. I know that decision will help me so much on this journey. I need some self discipline.

I am hoping that writing out my purpose will help me in this. I am hoping that there will be people who will read this and go on this journey with me and encourage me and help me through this part of this.

So, again, if you are here, and you are reading this, I have no doubt that you have been led here. I am grateful to an unbelieveable extent for you that you have taken the time to read this.

O.K. I will go for this day. This was a good day for my goal. 50 dollars more! And I am only a few days into it. That is incredible!

No comments: